POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glow - Behind : Re: Glow - Behind Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow - Behind
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 10 Aug 2002 15:30:13
Message: <3d5569c5@news.povray.org>
"Dave Bates [{ Norman }]" <use### [at] voygrcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What I want to do .. is get a GLOW comming out from behind the door.. Not
> just light shinnign through.. fuzzy glow.. IS there a way to LOCALY have
> media in just this little area.. should I use a "Looks_like" light
source..

I would just use a fully transparent container for the media - you can scale
and shape it the way you want. Fill it either with emitting media (if you
want it really to glow) or scattering media (if you just want the light of
the light_source to be visible in your room).

I don't think that "looks_like" will help you in this task, I'm not sure
though.

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik